Braids are totally in this season, and what better way to wear one than on Halloween!
This sleek hairstyle will go with various costume ideas and offers lots of versatility. Whether you’re putting on a work appropriate costume, strutting around campus or impressing friends at a party, rocking a trending hairstyle is always a good idea!
A fun and easy-to-do hairstyle is a half-up French braid ponytail. It’s versatile and goes well with almost any costume – From Queen of Dragons to Katniss Everdeen this style adds extra personality to your hair!
Below you will see step-by-step hairstyle instructions, which were curated by celebrity hairstylist Leonardo Rocco for Suave hair products.
Pro Tip: This Halloween, dance the night away with the help of Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant, which goes on instantly dry and provides 48-hour odor and wetness protection.
Half-Up French Braid Ponytail – “How To”
- Wash and condition with Suave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, weightless moisture for luscious, healthy-looking hair.
- Blow-dry hair using a round brush, focusing on “lifting” hair at the roots.
- Separate a rectangular section at the top of the head where you will be doing the French braid. Flat iron the rest of the hair in sections, from root to tip for a sleek look, and tie or clip when done.
4. Spray Luxe Style Infusion Anti-Humidity Spray to rectangular section of hair to give it more texture. Begin French braid from the front to the back and tie using a clear mini elastic band. For a more voluminous look, gently pull braid apart.
5. Release the rest of your hair and applySuave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Treatment Oil for smoothness and shine.
6. Apply the Anti-Humidity Spray throughout hair, which offers hold for frizz resistance even in 95% humidity while giving a brushable finish.
Pro Tip: To give your braids added volume, always cross one strand hair of hair below the other, creating an inverted braid.