If I am passionate about anything, it’s an education for all our youth because education levels the playing field and allows us all the opportunity to compete in life.
Our Los Tweens & Teens team is excited to share important information for Florida families about higher education being more accessible than ever!
We recommed: College Savings May be the Best Holiday Gift
Families in Florida can now take advantage of prepaid tuition plans that remain near historic lows for the third year running.
Open Enrollment is the ONLY TIME each year that families can purchase one of the Florida Prepaid College Board’s five prepaid tuition plans and prepaid dormitory plans.
We’re excited to share that there are even more ways to save on higher education costs. Here is a promotion code to receive half off of the application fee:
** Use Promo Code: BLOG1617 to get 50% off the application fee (regular cost $50).
We recommend: Florida Parents: Are You Saving For College?
7 Facts About 2016-2017 Florida Prepaid College Plans:
- Plans to be offered starting at less than $47 per month, providing a variety of affordable options for families
- Families can purchase a 4-Year Florida University Plan for a newborn for as low as $187 a month, a 2 + 2 Florida Plan for under $148 a month or a 4-Year Florida College Plan for less than $117 a month.
- The 1-Year Florida University Plan for a newborn starts as low as $47 per month and covers 30 university credit hours.
- Multiple family members can purchase a 1-Year Florida University Plan for the same beneficiary, effectively sharing in the cost of a university degree.
- If a child attends an out-of-state college or private college, Prepaid Plans will pay the same amount as they would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- If a child receives a scholarship, Plan purchasers can get a refund for the same amount as the plan would pay a public college or university in Florida. Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida.
- More than half of junior and senior students at state universities transfer from the Florida College System.
Learn more about Florida College Prepaid in the video below: