What do Janet Jackson, professional baseball player CC Sebathia and Marvel Studios have in common? They all have enjoyed healthy & flavorful individualized meals from celebrity personal chef, Jose Garabito “Chef Cheo.”
A self-proclaimed Afro-Latino, Chef Cheo is in a mission to educate the Latinos on the consciousness of food because as his motto says, “when you know better, you eat better.”
Part nutrition coach, part Chef and part business mentor, Chef Cheo‘s goal is to build a multimedia platform that entertains and educates Latino audiences on the fact that eating healthy doesn’t have to be costly, take a lot of time or be bland.
Tempura Avocado with Sweet Chili Sauce Dipping Sauce
For tempura batter:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. of Baking Soda, Powder and Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Cold Water
Canola Oil or Peanut Oil for deep frying
2 mid ripe, avocados, seeded and peeled
Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together eggs and cold water.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and water. The batter will be a little lumpy.
4. Fill the pan or pot with canola oil or peanut oil. Heat until the oil reaches 375 degrees.
5. Halves the avocados and cut the halves into thirds.
6. Lightly coat the cut avocados with flour, and then dip in the tempura batter with tongs.
7. Carefully remove the avocados from the batter to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
8. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain. Salt and pepper to taste.
For more healthy recipes and weekly meal plans, visit www.chefcheo.com
Anllelic Lozada “Angie” is a proud P.A.N.K (professional aunt with no kids), a Personal Marketing Strategist in NYC and Los Tweens & Teens “Tia-in-Charge,” based in New York City. Anllelic wants you to best your best life so you can positively influence your tween and teen. Subscribe to her weekly e-newsletter in Spanish in marketingparatucarrera.com/Vendete, where she shares personal marketing strategies to help you “Comunicar lo genial que eres.”